My motto is work hard, play harder. For me, that usually takes some planning. (I need a plan, I just can’t help it!) Each Friday, I will post my weekend playlist: a lineup of what’s on tap for our family’s weekend. I will end each post with the top five songs on my running/walking playlist. I hope you will comment with your weekend plans and playlist. My goal is to inspire each other and share some new, fun, family things to do.
- Date with the treadmill. It is supposed to rain here in Nashville Saturday morning. Let’s be clear: I HATE running the in the rain. I only do it when I absolutely have to. Like when I’ve trained for months and paid a lot of cash to run a race. Training runs in the rain? Not going to happen. Therefore, I will head to the YMCA Saturday morning with a four-mile goal. Will it be boring? Yes. Will it be better than running in the rain? YES!
- Trip to American Girl. The long awaited American Girl Store opened in Nashville (Franklin, actually) a few weeks ago. We were away for a family wedding for the opening celebration, so I promised Hallie I would take her soon. Brett is brewing beer on Saturday, it will be raining, so it’s the perfect time to spend an afternoon at the mall (that is an oxymoron — there is no good time to go to the mall). Anyway, we will take Grace along and might get her ears pierced.
- Family flick. We plan to go see the highly anticipated Inside Out this weekend. I am so excited about this movie because it is a Disney Pixar film and those rarely miss the mark. I will post a review on Sunday. (I am trying not to read any other reviews until I see the film, but it’s my understanding I should bring some tissues!)
- Father’s Day. I am going to be a little vague here, as I think Brett reads this blog. Let’s just say Hallie and I have a few surprises in store for him. I may post some photos on the Facebook page.
- “Beautiful Day” U2
- “Don’t Bring Me Down” Electric Light Orchestra
- “Animal” Def Leppard
- “Are You Going to Go My Way” Lenny Kravitz
- “Paris” Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
What’s on YOUR weekend playlist? Let me know in the comments below.