We actually don’t have much planned this weekend. We’ve been running pretty hard this summer. Since school has been out we’ve taken two trips to St. Louis. Hallie’s been going to various camps. I’ve been traveling all week for work. I am ready to just kick back and relax. But first, there are some things that need to get done around here.
- Saturday long run. It is supposed to be cooler in Nashvegas on Saturday. Halleluiah! I’m hoping to get up and out the door for four miles. However, my well intended plans of getting some quick runs in this week were thwarted by traveling, late night business dinners, and sleeping in strange hotel rooms. I guess if I were more disciplined there would be no excuses. But anyway, I’ll shoot for four. We’ll see. I am trying to build up to a 10K by mid July. Thinking about doing a “virtual race.” Just haven’t found the right one yet (future post on that).
- Yard work. Our front yard needs a
littlelot of attention. You see, we had this monster of a Bradford Pear tree that did nothing but shed leaves year-round. We have lived here for four years now and never pruned it. Well, we didn’t, but the power company did. Horribly. It was an eyesore and a nuisance. It had to go. Earlier this week it was chopped down. Now there is nothing to hide the hideous overgrown bushes and flower beds. We will tackle that this weekend. (The cool weather will help.)
- Grilling out. I’ve been eating out a lot this week. Again, I was traveling. I’m ready for some home cooked meals over an open flame. Oh, and some wine, too!
- Playlist: (a little eclectic this week)
- “Where Are We Running?” Lenny Kravitz
- “Happy” Pharrell Williams
- “Roll with the Changes” REO Speedwagon (really!)
- “Crazy” Gnarls Barkley
- “Let it Go” Idia Menzel
What’s on YOUR weekend playlist? Let me know in the comments below.