The week back to work after a week of vacation is always difficult. This week was especially challenging at the office. Thursday was just downright draining. Y’all, please keep the people of Chattanooga and the families of the four Marines killed in a senseless act of violence in your prayers. I handle communications for a state agency involved in this incident and it is just very, very sad. I need a pick-me-up this weekend. So let’s get to it!
- Dine out. Hallie is going to a sleepover Friday night. So we are taking my mom to a trendy, “adult” friendly Nashville restaurant. You never know if you’ll see a celeb in Nashvegas. I will post pics of our dishes (and any celeb spottings) on my Facebook page.
- Run it out. My goal is four miles Saturday. Sunday (ahem…) if I have too many drinks Friday night (see above bullet point).
- Party time. One of Brett’s co-workers is having a housewarming/engagement party. I am excited because we don’t get dressed up and get invited to many adult-only parties these days.
- Pretend we’re tourists. My mom is in town, so we have plans to go downtown and play tourists. We may go to the Country Music Hall of Fame. (It’s air-conditioned. It’s going to be close to 100 degrees, so we need to have indoor plans.)
- “Could You Be Loved” Bob Marley
- “Hey Ladies” Beastie Boys
- “Where Are We Running” Lenny Kravitz
- “Beautiful Day” U2
- “Crazy Train” Ozzy Osbourne
What’s on your weekend playlist? Tell me what you are doing in the comments below.