…I’ve got to wear shades! That’s right! In five years it will be 2020. Yes, I said 2020!!! What will life be like in the year 2020? I am joining a new weekly blog link-up, Friday Five, hosted by Courtney at Eat, Pray, Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run. (Check out their blogs for some good inspiration!) Today’s topic: the five things I’ll be doing in five years.
1. I will turn 50! I am actually not dreading it. They say 50 is the new 30. Or something like that. Anyway, I really enjoy life more the older I get. So I say, bring it on! Of course, I plan to celebrate in a big way. Maybe a Disney Cruise? One thing is for sure. I will somewhere there is sand, surf, and boat drinks!
2. I hope to run my first full marathon. Go big or go home, right?! At this point, I can’t imagine running a full 26.2 miles. Whenever I finish a half marathon, I think to myself, “there is no way I could do that again, right now!” But a full marathon is on my bucket list. I think it’s going to be the Walt Disney World marathon. We will see!
3. I will be mom to a 16 year old! Hallie’s Sweet 16 is in the year 2020. She says she’ll be driving by then (yes, she is telling me this at age 11). Again, we will see!
4. I hope to be debt free. Except for our mortgage and maybe a car payment. Brett and I just started meeting with a financial planner and are serious about reducing our debt, saving money, and planning for the future (i.e. college, retirement). Also, we will be paying Catholic high school tuition. We are already gearing up for that.
5. We will likely live in Nashville. We moved here four years ago and really enjoy life in Music City. We miss our friends and family in Memphis, Ohio, Illinois, and elsewhere. But at this point in our lives, we feel we need to lay down roots and stay put for a while. At least until Hallie is finished with college. Then, who knows? I wouldn’t mind living on the beach. Brett wants to head for the mountains. Any good compromises out there?
So that’s my look at 2020. What will you be doing in five years? Let me know in the comments below.